To help with online shopping during COVID-19, we are offering free shipping on all orders.
Mosquito Magnet® Executive - Start up procedure
The start up procedure for the Executive is very simple, you just press the power button and sit back and watch. The steps below describe the start up procedure. It is recommended that you read the entire manual before starting the Mosquito Magnet trap.
- Place tank on stand
- Connect the regulator to the Propane tank.
- Turn on Propane tank valve SLOWLY and all the way.
- Press and hold the ON/OFF button for three seconds until the orange LED illuminates.
- RUN will show on the display. WARM and the indicator arrows will also flash on the display.
- The LED will turn solid orange indicating warm up.
- Fan will start at high speed to purge burner compartment.
- Fan will then slow to a lower speed to allow the burner box to fill with propane and create a propane rich environment for easier ignition.
- The igniter will then begin to clicking about a minute after turning the trap on.
- About 10 seconds later the solenoid will then click open.
- If there is a build up of heat the large fan will speed up. This will usually occur around 3 minutes after starting.
- The display will flash WARM and the LED will be orange for approximately 15-25 minutes while the trap is warming up.
- After the trap reaches operating temperature, the LED will turn green and WARM will disappear from the display.
If the trap does not sense heat after two minutes, it will restart this sequence. It will repeat this sequence three times.
If no confirmed start up after three attempts, the LED will turn solid red. IMPORTANT: Turn power off and allow 10-15 minutes before attempting again. This allows the electronic components to reset from the previous fault code.
Approximate start up times
|Power switch to on position||0:00|
|Igniter starts clicking||1:05|
|Solenoid opens (single clicking sound)||1:14|
|Igniter stops clicking||1:35|
|Fan speeds up||3:00-5:00|
|LED turns solid||15:00-25:00|
This test was done on a new Executive out of the box. Please note, start up times may vary.