It's OK -- We Know You Don’t Want
Mosquito Magnet® Supplies for Christmas
(BUT YOU SHOULD BE THINKING ABOUT THEM!)
Christmas is just around the corner, and that means all sorts of great deals will be flooding your email inbox and your shopping strategy often involves criss-crossing the city to grab the best deals.
This would be the normal opportunity where a typical retailer would say, “… and don’t forget to stock up on OUR stuff!”
But Mosquito Magnet® isn’t going to do that. Let’s face it; there are only a few people out there that would actually be excited to get a C02 mosquito trap or trap supplies as Christmas gifts. Sure, if you live in the southern reaches of Florida or Texas, then you have mosquito problems all year long, but most people don’t.
So here at Mosquito Magnet® we want you to enjoy your mosquito-free holidays – Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s and everything that’s in between!
Once those are over, though, use the rest of your winter to stock up on your mosquito-fighting supplies! What? You didn’t think we’d totally avoid talking about Mosquito Magnet® products, did you?
BEST WINTER BUYS FOR MOSQUITO MAGNET®
The off-season is the perfect opportunity to begin stocking up on your Mosquito Magnet® supplies. It’s also an ideal time to grab the items that help your mosquito trap operate even more effectively.
- Propane Tank Cover – Most propane tanks are painted white. Mosquitoes, however, are attracted to dark colors. That’s why the Mosquito Magnet® is molded from dark green plastic and why we also offer a matching Mosquito Magnet® Tank Cover.
- Spare Nets – It’s always good to have a few spare nets for your Mosquito Magnet®. Swap them out between uses so you have an opportunity to completely clean them. Other times, your net may break or tear, so having spares on hand allows you to run your C02 mosquito trap without interruption. Plan ahead and have a supply ready for the busy season, when you should replace them every three weeks (and empty them as often as needed).
- Attractants – One of the secrets to the effectiveness of your Mosquito Magnet® trap is that you purchase attractants based on your geographic location. Lurex3™ is for southern regions where Asian Tiger Mosquitoes are most common. R-Octenol® serves as the transitional attractant for the middle portion of America, from Tennessee and Colorado to the Canadian border. Octenol® is best used in Canada, while also being a suitable option for northern U.S. Each of these attractants run out after 30 days inside your Mosquito Magnet®, so stocking up on refills is important.
- Accessory Bundles – Your Mosquito Magnet® has several expendable components that are used up during regular operation. The regional accessory bundles are designed to provide you with everything you’ll need for 2 or 4 months of Mosquito Magnet® operation. In the winter, ordering at least one bundle (based on your trap model and region) lets you be prepared for mosquito season – especially if it starts earlier than expected!
- Spare Parts – As spring approaches, you’ll want to clean your Mosquito Magnet®, which may have a few cobwebs on it from its idle time during the off-season. While Mosquito Magnet® CO2 traps are constructed from quality materials and made to last many seasons, you may discover an issue with your trap at this time. If so, make a quick call to the dedicated Mosquito Magnet® Consumer Care Team at (800) 953-5737. The helpful Mosquito Magnet® rep may direct you to the spare parts section of the website, where you can order fresh batteries, new power cords and other replacement items. Order them promptly so you can be ready for the return of the mosquito hordes hatching in the spring!
THE MOSQUITO OFF-SEASON
As mosquito season dies out, you get a nice break from operating your Mosquito Magnet® CO2 mosquito trap. It provides you with the perfect time to clean up your Mosquito Magnet® and prepare it for the next onslaught by biting insects. If you have any questions about the operation, maintenance and cleaning procedures for your device, reach out to Mosquito Magnet® on Facebook, where you’ll have instant access to us.
Also, be sure to subscribe to the Mosquito Magnet® E-Newsletter for advice on mosquito control and updates on the mosquito-borne diseases that continue to cause concern across North America.