Mosquito Magnet® Executive
Gas is empty / Insufficient gas flow
This fault code could be caused by one of the following problems. Please allow 10-15 minutes between each start up attempt to allow the electronic components to reset.
- Net Door Inspection - The door on the net needs to be open when the trap lid is closed and the start up procedure begins. This allows airflow to circulate through the trap. If it’s closed, this may provide a Gas Empty/insufficient Gas Flow fault because the trap attempted to start but could not. While the lid is closed, look through the lid to see if the door is opened. If its not, open the lid, remove the net and inspect the door and hinge mechanism. If you can fix the door to have it stay open when installed, please do so and attempt to restart. If the door is broken, please call Customer Service for assistance. You should also ensure the net is not torn or the bag is full as this will decrease the traps performance.
- Tank Empty - Typically a propane tank will last from 20 to 21 days. If the tank did not last a full 20-21 days then have the tank purged and then filled. For more information Click Here.
- OPD Valve lockout - If the OPD valve has become locked out then you will need to disconnect and reconnect the regulator from the tank. You may also use the Reset Tool. For instructions for the reset tool Click Here.
- Clogged Carburetor - If the carburetor has become clogged then no gas may flow into the Burner Box. This is caused by impurities in the propane that collect around the opening on the carburetor. This can be resolved by using the Quick Clear Valve. For instructions for the Quick-Clear Valve Click Here.
- Warm Trap - If you have a second tank and you shut the trap off, change the tanks and start the trap you may get a gas empty code and there may not be a problem. Occasionally the trap may not restart if it is still warm. Allow the trap to cool off for a half hour then tray again.
- Other Problem – If, after trying to resolve your issue with the above steps you still continue to get the same fault, there may be an internal issue with your unit. If you continue to get this fault, please contact our Dedicated Customer Support call center for additional assistance.
Do not return your product to the store. Our 360° Customer Support Network is ready to help you! Call our 800-953-5737 and let our Dedicated Customer Support help you "Take Back Your Yard!".