Proper Net Maintenance
Regularly replacing your Mosquito Magnet® trap's net not only assures the trap will operate at peak efficiency, it also extends the life of the trap itself. Make your mosquito trap investment last by performing proper and timely net maintenance.
Mark Your Calendar
Clogged and damaged nets reduce air flow, which affects the trap's efficiency. As a result, Mosquito Magnet® recommends replacing the net on your mosquito traps every 21 days as part of your normal and regular trap maintenance schedule.
- Make net replacement a regular part of your three- week maintenance schedule — simply change the net when replacing attractant, changing or filling the propane tank and wiping down the exterior.
- Avoid the temptation to forego net replacement during the cooler months when reduced catch yield means fewer mosquitoes are entering the trap.
The Impact of Poor Maintenance Practices
- Clogged, damaged or torn nets reduce the vacuum and force your trap to work harder than necessary to attract mosquitoes.
- Ignoring your mosquito trap’s maintenance needs puts your investment, your family’s health and your peace of mind at risk.
The risks of letting proper trap maintenance procedure slide:
- Reduce your family’s enjoyment of your yard or property
- Increase the risk that you or a loved one could contract a dangerous mosquito-borne illness. These include a variety of encephalitis strains, fevers, West Nile Virus and heartworm
Every year thousands of people and household pets contract dangerous illnesses from mosquito bites. When left untreated or when contracted by someone with a reduced immune system, these diseases often require hospitalization and many can cause long- term health issues.
The risks of letting proper trap maintenance procedure slide are many. Not only will the increase in mosquito populations reduce your family’s enjoyment of your yard or property, it will also increase the risk that you or a loved one could contract a dangerous mosquito-borne illness. The red, itchy, annoying bump that develops following a mosquito bite can turn into a more serious health condition. Protecting yourself and your family from these common backyard pests means preventing possible exposure to serious diseases.
If you think malaria is the only disease you can get from a mosquito bite, think again. Every year thousands of people and household pets contract dangerous illnesses from mosquito bites. These include a variety of encephalitis strains, fevers, West Nile Virus and heartworm. When left untreated or when contracted by someone with a reduced immune system, these diseases often require hospitalization and many can cause long-term health issues.
Mosquito Control Makes Spending Time Outdoors Safer and More Enjoyable
A regular upkeep regiment with Mosquito Morgue® nets and lures protects the financial investment you made in your Mosquito Magnet® trap while maintaining your family’s enjoyment of the outdoors. Ensuring your trap’s net is replaced on a regular basis reduces annoying bites as well as the risk of serious illness. When part of your three-week maintenance regimen, it also provides years of efficient mosquito control with your Mosquito Magnet®.