Mosquito Magnet® Patriot
What to do if you have the Patriot fault Code
After you start the trap, if you notice fast blinking light on the switch, this indicates that there was a problem during start up. This fault could indicate one of several problems. Here we will walk you through a start up with a few troubleshooting steps.
- Shut down the trap - When troubleshooting, always remember to shut down the trap as the first step.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Shut off the propane tank.
- Disconnect the regulator from the tank.
- Getting started - Having everything you need to troubleshoot the problem can help you finish troubleshooting faster.
- Having a fully purged propane tank
- Troubleshooting the problem
- Connecting the power cord - Reconnect the power cord to the trap. Making sure that the plug is free from debris before you plug it in to the trap.
- Connecting the regulator - Slowly connect the regulator to the OPD valve on the propane tank, making sure not to cross thread the connecter.
- Turning on the propane tank - Turn on the valve on the propane tank slowly and all the way. If you turn the propane tank valve on too quickly, the valve in the regulator and in the OPD valve can become locked out. If this happens then repeat step 3.2.
- Powering up the trap - After the propane tank is on and the power cord has been hooked up, turn the power to the trap on by flipping the power switch to the right.
At this point the light on the power switch should be blinking slowly. After about 5 to 10 minutes the trap should be fully operational which will be indicated by a solid red light on the back of the unit.
If the problem persists and you keep getting a fault code please call technical support.
Do not return your product to the store. Our 360° Customer Support Network is ready to help you! Call our 800-953-5737 and let our Dedicated Customer Support help you "Take Back Your Yard!".