Mosquito Magnet® Patriot - Start Up Instructions
The start up procedure for the Patriot is very simple, you just press the power button and sit back and watch. The steps below describe the start up procedure. It is recommended that you read the entire manual before starting the Mosquito Magnet trap.
- Place tank on stand
- Insert attractant in compartment per instructions in attractant packaging.
- Plug power connector into the trap.
- Plug AC adapter into electrical socket. (Only use properly grounded electrical outlets to avoid the risk of shock.)
- Connect the regulator to the Propane tank.
- Turn on Propane tank valve SLOWLY and all the way.
- Flip the switch on the back of the trap to the on position.
Unit should now be in warm up mode. If the unit has a fast blinking light then there is a fault. If this is the case, then refer to the troubleshooting section.
When the trap is starting up, what is happening during the warm up.
- After you hit the power switch button the fan comes on.
- Start up will last 10 to 20 minutes, at this point the fan is blowing out anything that is in the burner box to allow for a better ignition when the gas is introduced into the burner box.
- After about 3 to 5 minutes you will hear the speed of the fan slow down. It is at this time that Propane starts to fill the burner box.
- Within a few minutes the igniter will heat up and ignite the gas.
- After the gas ignites, usually within 5 to 15 minutes, the unit should be fully operational. This will be indicated with a solid red light on the switch.