Mosquito and Money: You Can Earn $500 Towards Your College Education
Mosquito Magnet® - the makers of the leading long-term solution to control mosquitoes - has another passion: helping college students pay for their tuition. That's why we'e offering two $500 scholarships! Read on to learn about the eligibility requirements and submission deadlines.
Are You Eligible for the Mosquito Magnet® Scholarship?
The two $500 scholarships are open to any student who will be enrolling in a U.S. college or university in the next semester. We invite you to apply to the Mosquito Magnet® scholarship if you're:
- A high school senior in your last year
- A college student who will be taking at least one more semester
- A non-student who has been accepted to college
While we're focused on technology and science, it doesn't mean you have to be! Even if you're not planning on becoming a culicidologist - someone who specializes in the study of mosquitoes - you're still able to apply for the scholarship. It doesn't matter what your major is. These two $500 scholarships are open to all majors!
Mark Your Calendars!
Mosquito Magnet® offers two scholarships every year. If you're the lucky winner of one of them, we'll award the scholarship to you the FOLLOWING SEMESTER.
Here are the dates you need to know:
- May 1 - That's the deadline for scholarship #1. Mosquito Magnet® will announce the winner on June 1, and then we'll award the scholarship so you can apply it to your fall semester.
- November 1. That's the deadline for scholarship #2. We'll announce the winner on December 1 so you can apply the scholarship to your spring semester.
Get Your Thinking Caps On!
Here's the fun part: All you need to do apply to the Mosquito Magnet® scholarship is write an article - 500 to 700 words - that covers one of the buzzing topics below. Just make sure you put the topic you selected at the top of your document.
The buzzing topics:
- What impact does the mosquito have on the ecosystem of the world?
- How have scientific advancements created a decrease in malaria cases during the past 20 years?
- What are some ways that people can keep safe from disease-ridden pests like mosquitoes?
- Describe the impact that Bill Gates has had on malaria.
- Why is it important to study the history of diseases such as West Nile Virus, Malaria and Yellow Fever?
- Do you think most people should think of mosquitoes as an annoyance or a threat? Why or why not?
We're looking for YOUR original work, so please don't use any quotes longer than two lines and, of course, don't plagiarize. We'll be checking each entry for plagiarism. Make sure you cite your sources, too. To send us your buzz-worthy submission:
*If you're the lucky winner, Mosquito Magnet® will notify you using the email address from your submission. So, when you submit your article, send it from an email account you regularly check!
How You Can Use the Mosquito Magnet® Scholarship
If you wow us with your article and win the $500 award, we'll send it directly to your school. Your school will apply it to the cost of your tuition. This means if you win you will need to email us back with a few key pieces of information before we can send your school the money:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your school's name
- Your student ID
The Fine Print
There are a few rules and regulations for the Mosquito Magnet® scholarship:
- You can apply one time each semester.
- If you've previously won a Mosquito Magnet® scholarship, you're not eligible to enter again.
- Your school must be in the United States.
- Mosquito Magnet® has the right to use any winning or non-winning essays on their website or for other marketing materials.
Don't Wait ... Apply for the Mosquito Magnet® Scholarship Today!