Questions about Mosquito Magnet® Patriot Plus Mosquito Trap
This trap is designed for use with a standard 20 pound propane tank only.
This product can be used confidently around pets.
Yes, all of our Mosquito Magnet® units can accommodate any of our attractants.
The first step is to check that there is propane in the tank. Trying a different propane tank will also often clear up this fault. If those don’t work, these steps may:
• Turn off the propane tank. While doing this, make sure to count and remember the number of rotations that it takes to close the tank.
• Disconnect the regulator and listen carefully – Is there a hissing or release sound?
• If you do hear that sound, keep the tank turned off, thread the regulator in and out of the tank, and listen for the sound again.
• Keep doing this until you no longer hear a hiss or release sound – it may take several attempts.
• Once you are no longer hearing that sound, go ahead and reconnect the regulator.
• Remember how many turns it took to close the propane? Open the propane now, but only 2/3 to ¾ of the way.
• It is very important to open the propane slowly. If it is opened too quickly, the tank will never be fully engaged.
Hopefully these steps will get your trap up and running. If not, please contact our Consumer Relations Team at (800) 953-5737 for additional help.
We recommend fully opening the propane tank. The trap mimics a human by converting propane to CO2, with its patented catalytic conversion technology, in combination with a short-range attractant.