Questions about Mosquito Magnet® Executive Mosquito Trap
- This product can be used for mosquitoes, no-see-ums, midges, and black flies.
- The nets would need to be replaced if they become damaged. They should be emptied as they become full.
- The attractant/lure is replaced every 21 days. It can be purchased from our website or from a variety of retailers. Octenol is recommended for use in Canada.
- Any of our traps available in Canada would work as they all catch mosquitoes in the same way. The traps differ in power source, net size, and other additional features.
- All Mosquito Magnet® traps are for outdoor use only.
This trap will only use the battery during the startup process, or if the trap has shut down and is displaying a fault code. When the trap is operating, it is able to maintain its own electricity without use of the battery.
A single charge of the battery will typically last all season if the trap is not being frequently restarted or displaying faults for long periods of time.
The life of the battery will vary depending on conditions, however, it should last approximately 5 years.
The differences in our Patriot, Independence, and Executive model traps are the power source, net capacity, and extra features such as our Smart Technology. Each trap is offered in separate bundles with appropriate lure for different geographical regions. Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-800-953-5737 to learn more about these products.
The appropriate lure to purchase will depend on the geographic location the trap will be in. Octenol and R-Octenol lures are ideal for northern and coastal regions within 50 miles of the coast. These areas primarily deal with mosquitoes that bite during dusk and dawn.
Lurex is ideal for southern regions where more aggressive day biting mosquitoes are found, such as the Asian Tiger Mosquito.