Questions about Mosquito Magnet® Executive Mosquito Trap
Any of our traps will attract No-See-Ums with the CO2 that is produced. The Octenol, R-Octenol, and Lurex3™ attractants increase the catch rate of mosquitoes ten-fold, but are not needed in addition to the CO2 for No-See-Ums. More information can be found in the article linked below.
How to Get Rid of No-See-Ums
The depth is 23.80 inches, the width 18.90 inches, the height 21.20 inches and the weight is approximately 32.93 pounds.
A full 20-pound tank will last approximately 21 days. It is not recommended to let the propane completely run out. We recommend having a second full tank on-hand to swap to reduce downtime.
A 20-pound tank has the correct amount of output pressure for the Mosquito Magnet® to operate properly. Using a different size tank can cause the Mosquito Magnet® to operate in an undesirable manner.
- This product can be used for mosquitoes, no-see-ums, midges, and black flies.
- The nets would need to be replaced if they become damaged. They should be emptied as they become full.
- The attractant/lure is replaced every 21 days. It can be purchased from our website or from a variety of retailers. Octenol is recommended for use in Canada.
- Any of our traps available in Canada would work as they all catch mosquitoes in the same way. The traps differ in power source, net size, and other additional features.
- All Mosquito Magnet® traps are for outdoor use only.
This trap will only use the battery during the startup process, or if the trap has shut down and is displaying a fault code. When the trap is operating, it is able to maintain its own electricity without use of the battery.
A single charge of the battery will typically last all season if the trap is not being frequently restarted or displaying faults for long periods of time.
The life of the battery will vary depending on conditions, however, it should last approximately 5 years.