If maintained properly, the Mosquito Magnet® can run at its best for many years. When run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week the propane tank and attractant last a full 21 days. Follow our tips for storing mosquito traps below. That way your trap will be ready to offer you the best protection against mosquitoes the following season.
If replaced in a timely manner you will optimize your catch rate and break the breeding cycle of mosquitoes in your yard.
Storing Mosquito Traps for the Winter
- Turn off your Mosquito Magnet®.
- Turn off and disconnect the regulator from the propane tank.
- Place the regulator in a plastic bag and carefully tie the bag closed. This is to prevent dirt, debris and insects from clogging the regulator.
- Disconnect the battery (Note: Liberty Plus and 2004 Pro & Pro Plus models only) and place in a plastic bag.
- If your product is equipped with the Quick-Clear valve, it is recommended that this preventive maintenance be performed prior to storage.
- Place trap cover over the unit and secure the velcro strips. This will keep insects from hibernating inside and clogging the funnel or fans. This will also prevent dust and moisture from accumulating in the unit.
During the off-season, we suggest storing mosquito traps from Mosquito Magnet® in either a garage or shed to protect it from the elements.
Any open attractant cartridges should be removed and discarded. The net should also be discarded prior to storing mosquito traps.
Learn how to start your mosquito trap in the spring.
Shop Trap Accessories
Protect your family, pets and guests from disease-carrying mosquitoes
with a Mosquito Magnet® trap - the leading long-term,
scientifically proven mosquito control solution